CC Special Skills Charts Legend | Berserk | Bioimmunity | Booty | Camouflage & Camouflaged State | Chain of Command | Climbing Plus | Combat Jump | Courage | Counterintelligence | Decoy | Doctor | Dogged | Engineer | Explode | Fireteam: Duo | Fireteam: Enomotarchos | Fireteam: Haris | Fireteam: Triad | Forward Deployment | Forward Observer | Frenzy | G: Jumper | Guard | Hacker | Hidden Deployment & Hidden Deployment State | Immunity | Impersonation & Impersonation State | Impetuous | Infiltration | Inspiring Leadership | Lieutenant | Marksmanship | Martial Arts | MetaChemistry | Mimetism | Minelayer | Mnemonica | Morpho-Scan | Natural Born Warrior | NCO | Neurocinetics | No Wound Incapacitation | Non-Hackable | Number 2 | Parachutist | Paramedic | Peripheral | Pilot | Protheion | Regeneration | Religious Troop | Remdriver | Remote Presence | Sapper & Foxhole State | Seed-Embryo | Sensor | Shasvastii & Shasvastii-Embryo State | Sixth Sense | Specialist Operative | Strategic Deployment | Stealth | Strategos | Super-Jump | Surprise Attack | Tactical Awareness | Terrain | Total Reaction | Transmutation | Tri-Core | Triangulated Fire | Veteran | Vulnerability
This N4 rule is not used in CodeOne.
The user of this Special Skill can secure his point of deployment by placing a Mine, or other Deployable Weapon or piece of Equipment he carries, nearby to prevent enemy Troopers from approaching.
- There can be no enemy Camouflage Markers inside the Trigger Area of the Deployable Weapon or piece of Equipment when it is deployed, or inside the Zone of Control for Perimeter Weapons.
- The deployment of the Deployable Weapon or piece of Equipment must follow the Deployment general conditions and must always be within the area in which the Minelayer Trooper is allowed to Deploy.
- In the Deployment Phase, the user may place the Deployable Weapon or piece of Equipment inside his Zone of Control.
- If the Deployable Weapon or piece of Equipment has the Disposable Trait, then it will be subtracted from the total of available uses.
- If the user deploys using a Special Skill with the Superior Deployment Label, and fails a Roll to deploy, then in addition to the effects shown in the Special Skill, the Minelayer will lose the Deployable Weapon or piece of Equipment, subtracting it from the total of available uses if it has the Disposable Trait.
During the Deployment Phase, a Croc Man Minelayer uses his Special Skills of Infiltration and Hidden Deployment to place himself in the enemy half of the table. The player, though not placing a Model or Marker representing the Croc Man on the table, may still lay a Mine within the Zone of Control of the Croc Man, but always outside of the enemy Deployment Zone.
If the Infiltration Roll is failed, besides losing the ability to deploy in Marker and Hidden Deployment States, the Mine that was laid next to the Trooper will be removed from the gaming table.