This Common Skill allows the user to scale heights and move up and down vertical surfaces.
|Movement, No LoF, No Roll.|
Players will check the Requirements of this Skill when declaring it.
- The user's base must be in contact with a vertical surface.
- The Trooper’s base must always be in contact with the surface on which they intend to move. Any surface they move on must be at least half as wide as their base.
- At the end of their movement, the Trooper must be able to place themself on a surface that is equal or larger than their base.
- The user may climb vertically up to the first value of his MOV Attribute in inches, measuring from the base’s outer edge and underside.
- Climbing does not require a Roll.
- For visualization purposes, Troopers using the Climb Skill move with at least half of their base’s underside in contact with the vertical surface.
- Climb only allows movement on vertical surfaces; this means Troopers cannot use their excess Climbing movement to keep moving on a horizontal surface once they are done climbing. Once the Trooper reaches a level surface, his movement ends for that Order, placing the Trooper on the horizontal surface (see diagram).
- Climbing movement must follow the General Movement Rules as well as the Moving and Measuring rules.
- Troopers cannot be deployed on a vertical surface, neither during the Deployment Phase nor during the game.
- As long as the user is holding on to a vertical surface, he cannot declare any Skills other than Climb.
- Troopers who are Climbing or holding on to a vertical surface cannot benefit from Partial Cover MODs.
- A Trooper that is on a vertical surface and becomes Unconscious will place the corresponding Marker beside them as usual. Even while climbing, Unconscious Troopers are still in Prone state, except for those Unit Types that cannot enter Prone state.
A Trooper that is in contact with an obstacle declares the Climb Skill. The obstacle is measured and is 4 inches tall, the same as the Trooper’s first MOV Attribute value, therefore they climb up and are placed on the upper surface.
A Trooper uses one Order to declare the Move Skill until being in contact with an obstacle. With a second Order, they declare the Climb Skill, checks that the 4 inches are enough to reach the top part, placing the Trooper on the horizontal surface. Next, the player declares a third Order to reach the edge of the obstacle.
Since they see no enemies and there is no ARO, their Order’s second Skill will be an Idle. By consuming a fourth Order, the player declares Climb and descends 4 inches. Finally, with a fifth Order, the Trooper finishes their movement on the other side, on the obstacle’s base.
Remember that a Trooper will end their Climb movement the moment they reach a horizontal surface.
If at some point the player had decided not to consume more Orders for said Trooper, they would have remained in the horizontal or vertical position in which they were until more Orders had be consumed for them, or they end up Dead.