Fireteams in the Active Turn
This N4 rule is not used in CodeOne.
This rule is from the annex to the Infinity N4 ruleset, containing a series of rules, special skills, weapons and pieces of equipment which have been adapted to the N4 system, but with a provisional nature. Rules included here are completely official, however they may be modified in further expansions of the N4 ruleset.
During the Active Turn, Fireteams behave differently from other Infinity Troopers, as explained below:
Fireteam Activation in the Active Turn
- During the Active Turn, all the Fireteam members are activated with a single Regular Order from the Order Pool of their Combat Group.
- All members of the Fireteam must declare and execute the same Short Skills of the Order, or Entire Order, as the Team Leader.
- If any of the Fireteam members does not meet the Requirements of a Skill declared during the Order, then they instead perform an Idle instead of that Skill, while the others may act normally.
- Each Fireteam member must observe the Coherency rule in regard to the Team Leader. The player must perform a Coherency Check at the start and end of each Order, to know how many members the Fireteam has.
- If a Fireteam member fails a Coherency Check, breaking Coherency with the Team Leader, they stop being part of the Fireteam immediately.
- Each reactive Trooper can choose only one of the Troopers (whether the Team Leader or one of the other Fireteam members) as their target, but they are not obliged to choose the same target.
Fireteams, NCO and Tactical Sense
If the nominated Team Leader has the NCO or Tactical Awareness Special Skill, they can can use the Lieutenant Special Order or their extra Order, as applicable, as a Regular Order to activate all the Fireteam members.
Fireteam Order: Skills Classification
Declaring Orders for a Fireteam works differently, and is limited to specific combinations of Skills.
Specific Skill combinations compose a Fireteam Order. These Skills are grouped into three different classifications depending on their effects: Movement Skills, Support Skills, and Evasion Skills.
When declaring an Order with a Fireteam, players can only use the specific Skill combinations shown in the Fireteam Order Chart:
|Fireteam Order: Skill Combinations|
|Movement Skill + Movement Skill|
|Movement Skill + Evasion Skill / Evasion Skill + Movement Skill|
|Movement Skill + Support Skill / Support Skill + Movement Skill|
When declaring a Movement Skill, the Team Leader and all Fireteam members perform the declared Movement.
Entire Order Movement Skills cannot be combined with other Skills.
When declaring an Evasion Skill in the Active Turn, the Team Leader and the Fireteam members all perform the corresponding Rolls.
This classification includes the Skills not specified in the previous classifications. Basically, this includes the Short Movement Skill Discover, all Short Skills except those stated in the Evasion classification, and all Entire Order Skills that do not have the Movement Label.
This category also includes scenario Short Skills, such as "Activate Console" or "Deploy and Activate Beacon".
When declaring Support Skills, only the Team Leader performs the Roll and applies its effects. The rest of the Fireteam members do not perform any Roll or apply any effects, but they give the Team Leader certain bonuses determined by the number of Fireteam members.