Skills and Equipment in Infinity
SKILLS AND EQUIPMENT IN INFINITY CODEONE
Infinity CodeOne possesses a series of Skills and pieces of Equipment which allows a Trooper to act during the game. Moreover, in this section we will explain how Unit Profiles are notated, for a simpler and quicker understanding of the information about Skills and pieces of Equipment.
- A positive MOD (+) in round brackets next to a Special Skill, Weapon, or Equipment will be applied only to the user of that Special Skill, Weapon, or Equipment.
- A negative MOD (-) in round brackets next to a Special Skill, Weapon, or Equipment will be applied only to enemies.
- The value of an Attribute, Burst, Damage, etc. in round brackets next to a Special Skill, Weapon, or Equipment will be applied only when using that Special Skill, Weapon or Equipment.
Those MODs modifying the Burst (B) value are only applied in the Active Turn.
MODs imposed by Skills, Special Skills, or pieces of Equipment may be applied to their users, or to those enemy Troopers acting against them, in several different ways. For example:
- BS Attack (+1B) means that, when its user declares a BS Attack in their Active Turn, they must apply a +1 MOD to their BS Weapon’s Burst. They may not, however, apply this MOD during their Reactive Turn if they declare a BS Attack ARO.
- Mimetism (-3) means that a Trooper declaring BS Attack or Discover against the user must apply an additional -3 MOD to their Roll.
- Combat Jump (PH=10) means that, when performing the PH Roll required by this Skill, a PH value of 10 must be applied instead of the user’s PH Attribute.
LEVELS, LABELS AND TRAITS
If a Special Skill or piece of Equipment has different Levels and only one of them is listed, it means the Trooper may only use the listed Level.
If “Total” is used, the player may choose which Level to use in each Order or ARO they declare.
The Labels, Traits and Effects of Skills and pieces of Equipment a Trooper has can be combined with each other, as long as the NFB Label is respected.
COMMON AND SPECIAL SKILLS IN INFINITY CODEONE
Different actions a Trooper may declare are called Skills. There are two types of Skills: Common Skills, that any Trooper can declare, and Special Skills, that can only be declared by those units which list the Special Skill in their Unit Profile.
Both Common and Special Skills have labels that indicate defining characteristics, for quick reference. You can check all Labels and Traits.
Both Common and Special Skills can also be divided into:
Automatic Skills are those that can be employed without expending an Order or ARO. Consequently, these Skills do not require a Roll.
Deployment Skills are those used during the Deployment Phase or during the game, when the Troopers are deployed. These Skills must observe the usual Deployment rules except when otherwise stated.
To declare one of these Skills, the user must expend one Short Skill.
|SHORT MOVEMENT SKILLS|
To declare one of these Skills, the user must expend one Short Movement Skill.
|ENTIRE ORDER SKILLS|
To declare one of these Skills, the user must expend one Entire Order. These Skills can only be declared in the Active Turn.
ARO Skills are those that Troopers may perform as an ARO.
Want to know more? You may find all the additional info to further explore the Infinity Universe in background books, articles and appendices.