Difference between revisions of "Evacuation Device (ED)"
|Line 99:||Line 99:|
Latest revision as of 12:55, 25 October 2019
This piece of Equipment encompasses all systems designed to prolong the life of TAG and vehicle pilots by evacuating them in case of mortal danger.
ED: Escape System
|ED: ESCAPE SYSTEM||AUTOMATIC EQUIPMENT|
|Non-Hackable, Non-Lootable, Obligatory.|
Escape System example:
- The mercenary Jenny Molina, piloting her Anaconda TAG, faces several foes in her active turn. The dice roll unfavorably for the Anaconda, who receives a Critical plus an additional impact whose ARM roll it fails. Jenny's TAG just lost 2 STR. At the end of that Order, after the ARM and Guts Rolls, the Anaconda's Escape System activates. Her player places Jenny's model in base to base contact with the Anaconda, and then replaces the Anaconda with a Smoke Circular Template. The Operator is thus protected by a Zero Visibility Zone. Jenny might have lost her Anaconda, but she still has her Spitfire and a lot of fight in her.
- If the confrontation had resulted in Jenny's Anaconda receiving a Critical hit and failing two additional ARM Rolls, then the Anaconda would have lost 2 STR points and Jenny would have subtracted 1 point from her Wounds Attribute. Note that all Rolls would have used the Anaconda's ARM value. In that case, the Anaconda's Escape System would have activated anyway, and evacuated an Unconscious Jenny in base to base contact with the TAG, which would then be replaced by a Smoke Circular Template. Hopefully there is a Doctor nearby who can save her. If the same Anaconda had received a Critical hit and failed three additional ARM Rolls, then Jenny would have lost 2 Wounds and entered the Dead state. In that case, there would be no need to place her model on the table, but the Smoke Circular Template would still be placed.
The Escape System is the simplest and lightest personal evacuation device for ground units in the market. The system includes a mechanism for emergency opening of the cockpit via a series of “detonating cord” charges, in tandem with an expulsion device that propels the whole seat outwards using guide rails to safely and swiftly remove the user from the endangered unit. Simultaneously, a number of smoke generators cover the evacuation area in a thick smokescreen that protects the user from hostile fire. The Escape System was designed to safeguard the user under high-risk conditions brought about by critical malfunction of the unit or direct enemy fire.
ED: Level 2. Ejection System
|Human Sphere N3 Content.|
A TAG and Vehicle emergency evacuation device. This piece of Equipment evacuates the Operator from a vehicle through an automatic quick ejection system.
|ED LEVEL 2: EJECTION SYSTEM||AUTOMATIC EQUIPMENT|
|Non-Hackable, Non-Lootable, Obligatory|
Ejection System Example:
- Sergeant Anita Méndez, in her Active Turn and commanding her Iguana TAG is facing an Ariadnan combat group, composed of a Veteran Kazak with AP Rifle, a Scout with an Ojótnik, and a TankHunter with his Autocannon. The dice are not favorable to sergeant Méndez, who only manages to take down the TankHunter, receiving a Critical hit from the Veteran Kazak and another hit from the Scout, failing the ARM Roll. So, the Iguana has lost two STR points, activating its Ejection System at the end of the Order. Anita must make a PH Roll to see if her player can choose the landing point. She has PH 12, but rolls a 14 which is a failure. This means the player must make now the Dispersion Roll, placing the Circular Template centered in the TAG with the number one pointing at the center of the table. If she had succeeded at the roll, she could have chosen the landing point inside the 16 inch radius. It seems this is not a good day for Anita, but she still has her HMG and can keep fighting.
- Let's suppose Anita had not succeeded against the TankHunter, and had failed two of the three ARM Rolls the Explosive Special Ammunition of the Autocannon causes. Then, her Iguana would have lost two STR points (from the Critical hit and the impact of the Scout) and she would suffer the loss of two Wound points (from the Autocannon), rolled against the ARM value of the TAG in this case. The Ejection System of her Iguana still activates, launching Anita in the Unconscious state up to 16 inches, hopefully in the direction of a nearby doctor. If Sergeant Anita had failed all three ARM Rolls caused by the Autocannon's hits, then her Dead body would be launched up to 16 inches.
- Let's suppose now, Sergeant Anita Méndez would engaged in CC against an Oniwaban armed with a Monofilament CCW. If Anita had failed the CC Face to Face Roll and also the ARM Roll, then, due the Monofilament Special Ammunition, her Dead body would be launched up to 16 inches.
The Vehicle and TAG Ejection System is a Zero-Zero evacuation device (i.e., zero altitude and zero airspeed). Derived from aircraft ejection devices, it has been designed to launch upwards and deliver its occupant from a grounded stationary position to a location far away from the point, presumably compromised, where the TAG or Vehicle was incapacitated. The Ejection System uses a small explosive charge to open the operator's cockpit and miniature rockets to propel the seat upwards for an adequate distance. A quick deployment, anti-shock gel bubble guarantees a safe and successful landing.
|N3 Frequently Asked Question||FAQ Version: 1.3, Oct 2017|
|Q: Can you declare to the Gorgos TAG, Iguana TAG or Anaconda TAG as valid targets of the Hacking Program: Expel?|
|Related Pages: Evacuation Device (ED), Expel|
|N3 Frequently Asked Question||FAQ Version: 1.4, Sep 2018|
|Q: Do TAG Operators count for Zones of Operations?|
|A: Yes. The total army points of the TAG to which the Operator belongs will be added to the Zone of Operations.|
|Related Pages: Evacuation Device (ED), ITS|
|N3 Frequently Asked Question||FAQ Version: 1.8, Oct 2019|
|Q: How does Tactical Awareness interact with Pilots, Remote Pilots and Operators?|
|A: The Pilot, Remote Pilot or Operator of a TAG that has Tactical Awareness can spend the TAG’s Tactical Awareness Order, but the TAG itself must have been on the game table as a non-Null model or marker in the Order count of the Tactical Phase.|
|Related Pages: Evacuation Device (ED), Manned, Pilot, Remote Pilot, Tactical Awareness|