From Infinity Wiki
|Human Sphere N3 Content.|
- Automatic when deployed, placing three Holoechoes on the game table, within Coherency of each other. Players must respect the general conditions of the Deployment rules.
- If the Holoprojector L2 bearer is outside enemy LoF, then the bearer may automatically activate this state at the beginning of the Reactive Turn, placing the other two Holoechoes in base to base contact with it.
- During their Active Turn, troopers with Holoprojector L2 may revert to the Holoecho state by expending an Entire Order while outside enemy LoF. The player will place the other two Holoechoes in base to base contact with the Holoprojector L2 bearer.
- While in the Holoecho state, the trooper is represented by three Holoechoes: the Holoecho 1 Marker, the Holoecho 2 Marker and the actual model.
- The player must note in secret which of these three Holoechoes represents the real bearer of Holoprojector L2, with the other two being holographic decoys.
- The bearer of Holoprojector L2 and his holographic decoys act the same time, performing exactly the same Order declared. However, the holographic decoys cannot interact with scenery, considering any Activate or Alert declaration as an Idle.
- Coherency. The Holoechoes must be in Coherency of another Holoecho, regardless who is the real Holoprojector L2 bearer. For example, one of the Holoechoes must have at least one of the other two Holoechoes in its ZoC.
- In the Deployment Phase, the player can perform a Deployment Phase Coherency Check after having deployed the Holoechoes.
- In the Active or Reactive Turn, when activating the Holoechoes with an Order or ARO, the player must perform an Initial Coherency Check.
- In the Active or Reactive Turn, when finishing an Order or ARO, the player must perform a Final Coherency Check.
- The Holoechoes are considered real troopers in regards to providing AROs, checking LoF, and activating enemy weapons or pieces of Equipment (Mines, E/Maulers, etc.), but since they act simultaneously, all three provide only one ARO to each enemy in LoF or ZoC.
- In order to know if a Holoecho is the bearer or just a holographic decoy, the enemy must pass a Discover Roll against that Holoecho.
- In his Active Turn only, a trooper in the Holoecho state may use the Surprise Attack Special Skill.
- In his Active Turn only, a trooper in the Holoecho state may use the Surprise Shot L1 Special Skill to declare a BS Attack or a Hacking Attack that benefits from the Surprise Shot L1 MODs.
- The effect of the Holoecho state can be combined with the effects of the Holoprojector L1 state.
- This allows the player to replace the model with others from the same army possessing the same Silhouette value, and also to replace the Holoecho Markers with figures. However these must represent the same type of trooper as the model, possessing the same weapons and equipment, like the Holoecho Markers do. If it is not possible, then the player must place a Holoecho Marker beside that model to reflect its condition.
- If the player is using models instead of Holoecho Markers, then at the start of his Active Turn or if he activates the Holoecho state in his Active Turn, the player must place a Holoecho Marker next to one of the three models, but it is not compulsory that model be the real Holoprojector L2 bearer. By this way, his adversary can know he is facing a Holoprojector L2 trooper in order to be able to delay his AROs. The player can remove that Holoecho Marker at the end of his Active Turn.
- This State does not affect Automatic Special Skills or Automatic Equipment.
- The Holoecho state of the real Holoprojector L2 bearer is canceled, removing all the holographic decoys and placing the model in its real position, whenever:
- The Holoprojector L2 bearer declares a Skill other than Cautious Movement or a Short Movement Skill that does not require a Roll (except Alert).
- Following the previous, the Holoprojector L2 bearer declares a Surprise Attack or a Surprise Shot.
- The Holoprojector L2 bearer enters base to base contact with a model.
- The Holoprojector L2 bearer is successfully Discovered.
- The Holoprojector L2 bearer receives a successful hit that forces him to make an ARM/BTS Roll, or a Critical hit.
- The Holoprojector L2 bearer becomes Impetuous (due to the Frenzy Characteristic or any other effect) or enters the Retreat! state.
- The Holoprojector L2 bearer breaks Coherency with the other Holoechoes.
- Whenever the Holoecho state of the Holoprojector L2 bearer is canceled, remove all the holographic decoys at the end of the Order that happened. If the bearer was hidden as a Holoecho Marker or as a different model, replace it with the bearer's model, facing the same direction, at the end of the Order that happened.
- An exception to this rule is made when Holoprojector L2 bearer fails an Initial Coherency Check, then the player must remove all the holographic decoys immediately, before measuring movement, if he has declared any.
- The Holoecho state of a holographic decoy is canceled, whenever:
- Anytime a holographic decoy cancels its Holoecho state the player must remove its Holoecho from the table at the end of the Order that happened.
- An exception to this rule is made when the Holoecho fails a Coherency Check, then the player must remove the Holoecho immediately, before measuring movement, if he has declared any.
- The cancellation of the Holoecho state is applied to the whole declared Order. So, if a trooper in the Holoecho state declares a Move + BS Attack Order, he will be considered discovered all along his Movement, even if the BS Attack would be performed at the end of that Movement.
|N3 Frequently Asked Question||Updated: 1.1|
|Q: What is the angle of LoF of a Holoecho?|
|A: The same as its owner, usually 180˚.|
|Related Pages: Holoecho, Holoprojector L2, LoF|