All usable weapons have their own profile. To explain how to read a weapon's profile, we will look at a Combi Rifle, the most common weapon in Infinity.
|Combi Rifle||0-8" +3||8-16" +3||16-32" -3||32-48" -6||13||3||N||Suppressive Fire|
This indicates the range of the weapon in inches, and how effective it is when firing against a target at different distances. Weapons have four possible Ranges: Short, Medium, Long and Maximum.
In the table, each Range has two values. The first is the upper distance limit, in inches, for that Range. The second is the Modifier (MOD) applied to attacks within that Range.
- A Combi Rifle firing against a target at Short Range (from 0.01″ to 8″) applies a +3 MOD to the shooter's BS Attribute.
- Finally, at Maximum Range (32.01″ to 48″), the Combi Rifle applies a -6 MOD to the shooter's BS. Any BS Attack made with this weapon against a target farther than 48 inches fails automatically.
Most weapons and Equipment have special features, called Traits. See the Traits page for full details.
The Class of Ammunition used by the weapon. There are two Classes of Ammunition: Normal (N) and Special.
Categories are a way to classify Ammunition depending on its properties. There are three Categories:
- Standard: The Special Skill Immunity: Total affects this Ammunition.
- Exotic: This Ammunition ignores the effects of the Special Skill Immunity: Total.
- Bio-Munition. The Special Skill Bioimmunity affects this Ammunition.